Warwickshire Youth Parliament

Making The Voice of Warwickshire's Young People Heard

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Westminster - 10th May!

Bex
Administrator

Just found where to post things!

On the 10th of May, Anna and myself travelled to Westminster to meet the Children's Minister (Tim Loughton) and the Transport Minister (Norman Baker). We discussed many things to do with general school transport across the country and it was very interesting to hear what different parts of the UK had experienced. Both the ministers and us young people had a lot to say and I believe every person came out satisfied that our meeting went very successfully.

We also managed to end up on a delayed train, get lost, cross paths with Nicky Clarke and walk alongside the police march. Furthermore, I had my first ever experience of travelling via the London Underground - I'm so glad I didn't go on my own!

All in all, it was a very enjoyable and unique experience which I got a lot out of!

May 13, 2012 at 9:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve McGarvey
Administrator

Thanks for reporting back Bex. Was really good to hear you you were able to put your views across to the MP's. Its a big problem and the more young people make noise about it the more likely something might get done.

June 26, 2012 at 6:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.